Tuesday 12 April 2011

Dresses

We've had some glorious weather these last few days so have been spending rather a lot of time in the garden. The result? One very happy and gloriously filthy three year old daughter. As it happens, she's taken to wearing dresses much more recently and they're perfect attire for sunny days outside, so the time has come for me to make her some new summer dresses. Now I just have to find the time...

To encourage me, here are a few from last year:

 This one is my own pattern, but it's not exactly a complicated one. It's reversible too. I think I'll be making a few more of these this year.

 This one is made from a great free pattern from Oliver & S out of tea towels. You can get some amazing tea towels from some of the discount homewares stores if you keep your eyes peeled and they're so versatile. That hat she's wearing is made from tea towels as well.

She still fits this one, which I love. It's made using the free Itty Bitty dress pattern from Made by Rae. It's made from a second hand duvet cover I spotted in a charity shop that was just so bright and summery I couldn't resist it. This involved my first ever attempt at making my own piping, which worked, amazingly enough. There might be another one of these on the way before long too.

Now I just need a spare evening or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...