Tuesday 22 March 2011

Starting out

A long time after meaning to get started on a craft/design blog, it's finally here. I think I'll just dive right in and let it take whatever form it will.

On Saturday, my mum asked me along to a World Textile Day event at the Minnerva Arts Centre in Llanidloes so off we went (with Mini-Poddle in tow). It was a very enjoyable way to spend a few hours, partly because I wore Mini in my lovely red and yellow rebozo which many of our fellow visitors to the event commented on so I got to feel all earth-mothery, but mostly because there were some fantastic stalls and displays. Of course, I spent more money then I intended but I came away with two great wood blocks for printing, some lovely batik FQs and a great bag of scraps of African cotton prints. The latter I've already started playing with and knocked out a rather funky pair of trousers for Mini while he napped yesterday.



And there are still lots of scraps left to play with. Next will probably be a skirt for Midi-Poddle, or maybe a bag... I'll have fun regardless.

The other crafty project I've undertaken this weekend has been to create some baby booties for a family friend who had a baby girl last week. I made the pattern up as I went along and they didn't turn out quite as I'd planned but they're still quite pretty.


Hopefully baby Lucy's parents will like them and she'll look suitably cute in them. The pattern needs work though. Maybe I'll post it once I've got it how I want it...

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful!, in my blog I have stuff made ​​with African fabrics as well. You have a very nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will now have to explore your blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...